It's summer?! I shouldn't be surprised, I knew it was coming. It took a little longer to get here this year, and believe me I noticed how long it took. I needed Summer this year, I craved it and couldn't wait for it to get here. The problem is, we are so incredibly busy that I felt like it was over before it even started.
All 3 kids played baseball this year. Chris was Delaney's coach, he helped with Chandler's team and ended up assistant coaching Mclayne's team.
I was not just loafing in my lawn chair during these games though. I haven't written much about it here but we are obviously pretty involved in our kids sports, and this year we are even more involved. Our city started a Football Booster Club and I threw my hat in the ring and am one of 3 Vice President's in the booster club. We have lots of meetings and are doing concessions at baseball games and are running fundraisers and events. It is fun and exhausting, and I love it.
Football doesn't even officially start until next week and I'm wondering how much longer it is going to be ;) We have a lot of events coming up and it is busy and exciting.
Chris is coaching Chandler this year and he is SUPER excited to play football.
My concern at this point is that I am waiting to lose my S***. When I get overwhelmed and really busy that is what happens. I eventually lose it, I have a breakdown, freak out and lose my s***. When I expressed this concern to my therapist she said "why?" why do you have to lose it? Well I guess I don't . I am making the choice this time not to lose it.
I realize it is my choice to add all of these things to my plate. But I like it! I like to be involved I like to help out. I've always felt like if I didn't like something then I should be part of the solution not the problem. I can't stand to listen to people complain about things but when they have the opportunity to "help" they don't. So I'm involved. That's all.
I have so many things I want to write about, hopefully I won't wait 6 months again to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment