Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This Boy is 9!!!

I can't believe it either.  That he is 9 and that this is how he rolls ;)  He is way too cool for his own good.
The Man just finished 3rd grade with what we would call straight A's.  Just a little insight into his brain, I asked him how he got to be so smart and his very quick response was, "It's a gift".  Of course it is. 
So here are a few things about The Man you may be interested to know.
His favorite color is Pink, his favorite song (today)  is You don't know your beautiful  by One Direction, his favorite book is Fablehaven, and he knows his times tables up to 17.  Do you?  I don't. He plays 1st base and pitches on his baseball team.  He takes sports very seriously.  His dad made him a a makeshift pitchers mound with a net to throw into in the back yard and he practices EVERY DAY! I am so proud of his commitment and work ethic. He eats like crap.  Seriously, I wish I could get this kid to try something new, or anything with nutritional value.  He is the middle child, which often times comes with negative connotations, but he and I worked out that the middle child is the best part, just like the middle of an Oreo or the filling in a cake.  The middle rocks!!!

To The Man:  I love you so much, you are such a light in my life.  I love cuddling with you every morning.  I love that you hug me every day.  I love that you get up every morning and are the first one dressed, ready, and have your chores done, so you can be the first one to get to play.  You are so crazy smart.  This year you were awarded Scholar of the Month in March, and you also received an award for excellent handwriting at the end of the school year.  I love your commitment to things that are important to you and your willingness to help me, and be a peacemaker.  I am so happy to have you in the middle of our family.

No comments: