Monday, December 7, 2009

Evolution

I created this blog because everyone else was doing it. I'm a copier of the finest caliber. But I like to refer to "copying" someone else as flattering them. ie. I think you are so cool, and the way you decorated your living room was so cool, and I'm so cool that I must copy that. Sometimes I feel bad because I wish I had my "own" creative ideas and when that happens I get REALLY excited and tell everyone! "Hey guess what I thought up on my very own?" "Oh really you saw that on DIY?" "Well I'm sure I thought of it first" I know I didn't, but I feel the same way when I am working on new products for the website. I try to adapt a thing here or there, but for the most part I've been what I like to call "inspired" by someone else's work.

To make a long story longer. My blog is evolving from a journal about what is going on in our lives to a journal of what I am thinking and feeling at any given time and I want to write about things that inspire me.

I read a lot of blogs and there are several that inspire me to write about things that matter to me, not just what my kids did last week. In my blog stalking I found this awesome woman who is funny, smart, and sarcastic and sometime this week I will give her, her very own ode! Courtkneerawks is a fun blog and I heart her!

The second blog that inspires me is written by my friend Cyndi who has gone through more in the last six months than any one person should be required to with her marriage and her husband. The Greenest Grass is her feelings on what is going on in her life. She is a fantastic writer and I hope that someday I can have even a speck of her humility and faith. Not to mention she has freaking cute kids :)

Anyway, if you no longer want to read my blog that is fine, because it is going to be for me now, not for anybody else. I need that in my life right now. Everything I do (as I know all mothers feel this way) is for someone else. Whether it's for my kids, my husband, the day care kids,customers, family, neighbors and friends and all of the other wonderful people in my life who I love to do things for. I am overwhelmed and I need an out that is just for me, so this is it.

I don't ever intend to offend anyone but since this blog is going to be for me I have stuff to say. It's about me, not you, and please don't take anything said here personally, unless I use your name of course.

I have super strong opinions about lots of things. (I know your shocked right now) but believe it or not I hold back A LOT! All because I don't want to offend someone, and believe me I don't want to offend someone but I'm going to explode soon if I can't get some stuff out. You may ask "then why not just make it private? and write a journal in Word or something" I've thought about that, but I'm hoping that maybe someone will want to hear what I have to say, or maybe someone else will be "inspired" to say what they have on their mind instead of worrying about what others will think. I tend to be a people pleaser, I don't want to tell people NO, because they will think I am not reliable, or I don't like them. I'm really insecure that way. So instead of saying No, to others I'm going to say Yes to myself and try and figure out who I am. Because after 32 years I really have no idea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Major round of applause! And not just because you mentioned my name (although the narcissist in me is beaming.)

You hit the nail on the head...you do everything for everyone else and that leaves little to nothing for you. And blogging should be what that's about, an opportunity to take time for you. I commend you for taking a stand and not worrying about offending someone. It's going to happen whether or not it's intended, so why worry? You'll find saying what's on your mind is incredibly cathartic and once others start commenting and sharing in your experiences, you'll know it was all worth it.

I for one am excited you are making this change and can't wait to see the real thoughts of Amy. And of course I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation for my ode!

Amy said...

You deserve to do more for yourself, so I hope this just the beginning! I am excited to know how you really feel :)

CKW said...

Come on amy, I already cry enough! :-)

Let it out woman! Just let it all out..

Unknown said...

I'm excited to check back everyday! You are an amazing person and I am sure we will all benefit from getting to know the real you better :)

Sarah Mae said...

You are one funny woman! Oh, and I totally agree about the "inspired" thing {ahem}. I am not naturally creative!