Thursday, October 15, 2009

What I struggle With....

Originally this post was going to be one thing I struggle with, and then I thought why stop with just one. I struggle with so many things and I am so incredibly imperfect that I should just make a list. I'm sure my "fans" can come up with a much bigger list but this is the list for today.

* Saying "no" it's not in my vocabulary (unless you ask my kids) and I really need to learn to "Just say No"!! I don't have time, I'm super busy and I'm really, really, sorry I wish I could help you out, but NO!!!!

* Food...I LOVE food. I love all kinds of food. I love fast food and long wait food, and junk food and healthy food. I love it all and I really need to break up with it. But that is the problem, it's not like a crappy selfish friend that you can just cut out of your life. It's not a drug that I can get rid of and go to re-hab for. I have to have it to live and all, plus I have to feed my family so I can't just stop the crack from my life. So I struggle with balance obviously.

* Patience. I have none, for whining and stupid people, that's all.

* Guilt, lots and lots of guilt. Guilt about not spending more time with my kids. Guilt about food (weird) Guilt about not taking as many pictures of Delaney as I did of Mclayne. Guilt about not taking the time to blog about Delaney on her birthday like I did with the boys. Guilt about staying in contact with friends. Guilt about not doing my visiting teaching. Guilt, guilt guilt.

* But today...in particular I struggle with not being able to stand up for myself. Which if you know me probably sounds weird because it's not like people walk all over me or anything. But they do...trust me. It goes back to the "no" thing I act all big and bad, but it's all talk. When it comes right down to it, I'm a baby and would never actually say half the crap that is on my mind, and therefore people walk on me and then I gripe about it on my blog.

3 comments:

CKW said...

I will be calling you to find out the details of what is clearly a "story"

Courtney said...

Right there with you on the lack of patience for stupid people. Actually, my lack of patience is for pretty much everything in general and stupid people just plain piss me off!

And we must be soul sisters cause I have the same damn problem with being too nice. I've contemplated changing my middle name to door mat.

Staci said...

I totally agree you need to say NO a lot more!!(but not to me, of course) I also have guilt when it comes to staying in contact with good loyal friends. Love you Amy!