Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Science Fair

I was certain that the science fair was going to kill us. Mac participated with his friend A last year and with the help of her parents they did a great job and took first place in the 5th grade. Her parents were terrific, we were crazy busy and really didn't have a lot to do with it.

6th grade: New Story! The science fair is not optional in 6th grade. Every student has to participate and my kid is fairly high strung. (No, I don't know where he gets this)
At one point during the tears, that were to be a part of this project, I, the caring supportive mother asked him if he needed a tampon, he was so completely over re-acting. (No, I don't know where he gets this either)

He worked very hard, Chris and I helped but were mostly the manual labor. He did the experiments. He planned them, made the materials he would need, and bossed us around. He wrote the final report with only minor editing on my part and printed and cut out everything for his presentation board.

It was ALL worth it!! He took 2nd place out of the whole 6th grade!!! I would love to be all nonchalant and just write a tiny little post about his 2nd place win, but I can't! I'm so PROUD!! Shout it from the roof-tops proud. I was so proud of the fact that he could speak on the subject, that he wrote the whole thing, and picked the project. We honestly had very little to do with it, other than the prodding that is our job, to make sure he hit all of his deadlines. (which is where the tears came) Seriously dude, do not come to me at 8:00pm on Tuesday night and tell me that you need to have this, this, and this turned in TOMORROW! It makes me want to throat punch you. ( I didn't by the way)

While I am tooting his horn. He was also elected as a Peer Leader this year which I talked a little bit about in my last post. It is a little like being a student body officer. He REALLY wanted to be a peer leader,he has been talking about being a peer leader when he was in 6th grade for years. He has really enjoyed helping with the morning announcements and going to the meetings, participating in the food drive, and other fundraisers.

Ok I'm done tooting his horn, next post I will be tooting The Man's he is pretty spectacular as well. (jJust ask me I'll tell you)

**disclaimer** I was not paid for this review it is my true opinion. However biased I may be. I do of course realize that my children are FAR from perfect. But when they do what I feel are great things I reserve the right to brag about them. Especially considering the imperfect parents they have to work with.






By the way his project was on Errosion ;) and he will be moving on to the district science fair in January.

4 comments:

Melissa and Mitch said...

Amy your kids are so smart. Good work Chris and Amy with that. It takes work to help kids learn.
Good job Mac. I am so impressed with how smart you are. You did awesome. Good luck at district.

Melanie said...

He looks so cute in those glasses! WAY TO GO MAC! He has always been my fav!...Plus, you blog is for bragging about whatever you want! If people don't want to hear about it, they don't have to read it. haha!

Jillary said...

Congrats to Mac! You do have some pretty awesome kids, I must say.

Trent and Steph said...

Way to go! That is awesome.