Monday, November 16, 2009

I pulled a Dooce!

So a little background. For a while now I have been a faithful follower and fan of a blog called Dooce.com. Her real name is Heather Armstrong and she is a "mommy blogger" however, she is my style of mommy. She tells it like it is, she swears a lot and talks about how people bug her but truly loves her children and her family and I can relate, because she also talks about how her children and husband bug her and do crazy things and I can relate. My blog here tends to be all happy, happy which you all know is not true since it is not laced with my usual wit and sarcasm that you can get up close and personal.

Anyway, a few months ago this powerful mommy blogger named dooce, was having a HUGE problem with a very expensive new washer she had purchased and was not getting the answers she needed with their customer service dept. So she did what every woman should do, she griped about it on a public forum to her friends. TWITTER! She has like 1.4 MILLION followers so when she spoke about her issues this company listened, and they fixed the problem kissed her ass and got it all taken care of. I think that is freaking awesome.

So last week, Chris changed our TV service from DirecTV to DishNetwork. Why you may ask? Why is right. I was FURIOUS dish wouldn't do the stuff that I wanted it to and I wanted my DirecTV back. I was throwing the biggest temper tantrum ever! Next to yesterday, but that is a totally different ball of wax. I watch a lot of TV people, I am stuck here all day long and I stay up really late to tie bows, and make flowers and generally run my business, so I watch A LOT of TV. Don't judge. You probably get to leave your house everyday. So when I couldn't do everything I could do before, I was LIVID!!!! So with all of my 227 followers on Twitter I griped about Dish Network, and guess what? They heard me!!! They responded to little ole me, because I was griping about them on Twitter. How freaking cool is that? They even called me on the phone...called me...I didn't call them and sit through 20 minutes of push this and push that and someone will be with you in a moment. No, No, they called me!!!

Can I do what I wanted on DishNetwork that I could do on DirecTV? NO! But who cares, I complained, they heard, and now I am cool because I pulled a Dooce!

My best internet friend in the world Courtney at Courtkneerawks said I was a Rockstar! and that I must blog about this. Plus you must check out her most recent post, because it was just for me and it has totally made my day! Thank you Courtney, I had a totally crappy weekend and I love your full length snuggie shot!! YOU are a rockstar!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay!!! I've been waiting a WHOLE WEEk for this! I have the biggest smile on my face cause I'm so excited you posted about this. It's the little things in life I tell ya. Oh and I have a special something for you...but I'll hit you up (did I really just say that? SMH) on the Dooce community for that.

Trent and Steph said...

That is freaking awesome. I need to do that more often.