Thursday, October 16, 2008
Nap? Why Nap?
I'm blogging these pictures for a couple of reasons. First, I am avoiding the bed time routine. Chris is currently reading to the two youngest and I am hiding in front of the computer. Why? Because I hate bedtime. Not because I want my children to stay up all night...NO... that is definately not it. It's because by this time I am so tired of whining and fighting and "trying" to be a "good mom" that I don't want to deal with it. So my theory is this. I get them up every morning and get them ready for the day. So... Chris can get them off to bed. I got them in their PJ's he just has to read the stories, and get them to actually go to bed.
The second reason is that Delaney is trying to get out of taking naps. For example on this day a couple of weeks ago she just kept fighting so I gave up. I let her stay up instead of napping and alas she fell asleep on the couch. However, as much as I NEED her to take an afternoon nap, she doesn't seem to want to go to bed at a decent time at night. Hence the reason I hear crying right this minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love those pictures!! I can count on one hand the number of times that Thomas has fallen asleep anywhere besides his bed (since he was a newborn...picky kid!) He hasn't begun to fight naps yet, thank goodness, but it also helps that he is still in a crib. He could go to a big boy bed now, but I just see that as a lot more work at the moment. As it is, he still gets out a lot.
oh she looks so sweet.
Nice....I can so relate. Warren isn't taking naps anymore and gets pretty crabby in the late afternoon but if I put him down he wants to stay up till 10 so....The hours between 6-8 in my house are "daddy time" (if he is home, of course)!
Okay...I have tried 3 times to leave a comment...what is the deal?
This is the fourth time I have tried to leave a comment...what is the deal??
Post a Comment