I am happy to announce that after 2 years and 2 1/2 months Delaney no longer has a binki.
I know I am as shocked as all of you. We haven't actually purchased a binki for a couple of months, and we told her that when they were gone that was it. Well since she loved the little green rubber ones from the hospital they get lost a lot. They bounce everywhere, and the dogs think they are the perfect chew toys, so we have found several in the back yard in various stages of digestion.
As of last Thursday night I knew we were down to 1 lone binki, so when Chris called me at 11:00 p.m. while I was at the Scrapbook Expo on Friday night to ask if I knew where there might be another one, (while I could hear Delaney screaming in the background) he couldn't find the last, solitary, binki in our world and really needed it to get her to sleep. While talking he did find it but it was in several pieces (thanks doggies). However, she did settle down and start singing. We just figured now was the time and she would just have to deal with it. I mean WE would just have to deal with it.
But since that one night of 20 minutes of screaming, she has only asked for it 1 time and I told her they were all gone, she then shrugged her shoulders and put her hands out and said "all gone" I said "yes all gone" and she said "ok".
I can't believe how easy it was!! I thought she would be 5 and it would be torture but I am very pleased to report that we are very lucky and it is gone!!!!
But as a note of pleading....please, please, please, don't ask her about it. I'm very afraid that it will all come back to her and we will have a midnight trip to Wal-Mart on our hands.
3 comments:
If you have an emergency just come over here. Everytime I clean out a diaper bag or move a piece of furniture I find one. I just threw away two today. I am so glad to be out of that phase with Thomas. I used to have to stash them strategically around the house and in the car. I can't even begin to count how many I bought in Heber when it would bounce away at my parents house and 4 adults looking high and low couldn't find it.
How nice! Makes me wish I could throw thumbs away :(
Only 4 adults? We have had up to 7 searching at Chris's mom and dad's on a Sunday night, dreading the drive ahead without it.....and we still didn't find them.
Post a Comment